VACANCY: Managing Consultant – Employment services and labour market
Fondazione Giacomo Brodolini (FGB) is a research institute in the field of employment and social policies, labour market analysis, gender studies, vocational education and training and regional development. FGB provides evaluation expertise and technical assistance to EU and national institutions and other public sector clients. FGB has offices in Rome, Milan and Brussels. More information about our activities and projects can be found at http://www.fondazionebrodolini.it/en.
Position: FGB is opening a position for afull time Managing Consultant in the public policy unit with a focus on employment services, labour market and mutual learning. This position will give you an insight, through the team’s research and policy advice activities, into the way in which national and supranational institutions make decisions and deliver on key societal challenges. You will have broad range exposure on employment services, social inclusion, vocational education and training policies at EU and national level.
- Coordinating research and analytical activities;
- Drafting reports and analytical papers for EU institutions;
- Organising mutual learning and dissemination events;
- Managing project budgets and project teams (including external experts) as well as the delivery of project deliverables;
- Project management, business development and tender writing (liaise with partners, coordinate inputs, prepare budgets, draft inputs);
- Managing small teams;
- Liaising with clients and presenting/disseminating studies’ findings including to a broader audience.
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, economics or related fields;
- Sound knowledge of employment services, labour market issues and European Structural Investment Funds, especially of the European Social Fund;
- At least 8 years of professional experience in public employment services-related issues, their performance/management, mutual learning activities, working on EU-related projects as well as in the management of teams;
- Commercial awareness and client-orientation approach;
- Strong planning and organisation skills, while multi-tasking in a number of different areas;
- Strong relationship skills and ability to interact with clients, several partners and other institutional stakeholders;
- Very organized with strong attention to detail;
- Availability to travel for attending EU events;
- Fluent (written & spoken) English (additional EU language would be an asset).
We are seeking for proactive, enthusiastic candidates with a problem-solving attitude and ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines. Successful candidates shall be well-organised, able to work independently as part of a small team and willing to travel.
What we offer
- Relevant opportunities to grow within the organisation and develop autonomy;
- A team of international colleagues in Brussels;
- A one-year contract with possible renewals.
Please apply online (CV and a cover letter with at least 2 references), using the online application form (reference “2020 BXL Managing Consultant ”), through the link below by 15 February 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: interviews will be held in February for a start in March 2020.